- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sage Stallone died of natural causes and with no drugs in his system, according to a report from TMZ.
A source connected with the L.A. County Coroner told the site there was evidence Stallone suffered from heart disease, and that such advanced heart problems were “unusual” for someone his age. He was 36 at the time of his death.
Previously, Stallone’s mother speculated prescription drugs might have played a role in her son’s death, as she said he was taking painkillers following dental surgery. Investigators found empty pill bottles in Stallone’s apartment.
“It’s very, very tough,” Stallone’s father said during an appearance on Good Morning America earlier this month. “It’s a horrible situation, but time hopefully will heal, and you try to get through it, but it’s just something that’s a reality of life.”
Stallone made his acting debut in Rocky V, where he played son to his father’s boxing champion. He also appeared in the action star’s 1996 disaster film Daylight.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day