- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Salma Hayek may join the Marvel Universe.
The actress is in early talks to join Marvel’s The Eternals, which Chloe Zhao is set to direct later this year.
Richard Madden and Kumail Nanjiani are also on board the superhero adventure project, which is based on the 1976 comic book series created by Jack Kirby. Angelina Jolie remains in talks to also star, with no deal set.
The comic features superpowered and near-immortal beings known as Eternals and a more monstrous offshoot known as the Deviants that were created by cosmic beings known as Celestials.
While Madden is understood to be playing the lkaris, the leader of the group, character details for Hayek’s potential role have not been revealed.
The actress boasts Beatriz at Dinner and How to Be a Latin Lover among her recent credits, and has wrapped the upcoming action-comedy The Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard with Ryan Reynolds and Samuel L. Jackson.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Karlovy Vary International Film Festival