- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sam Raimi is boarding MGM’s Poltergeist.
The filmmaker, who got his start with the Evil Dead horror movies, will produce the remake of the 1982 film — which Steven Spielberg produced and co-scripted from his original story — with Nathan Kahane, Roy Lee, and Robert Tapert.
Despite some reports, Raimi is not directing the remake but will help oversee the search for a helmer.
David Lindsay-Abaire, who worked on Disney’s Oz: The Great and Powerful for Raimi, is working on the script, which focuses on a family whose house was built on a holy site and whosedaughter is taken by ghosts.
The movie is one of two horror remakes on which MGM is in active development, the other being Carrie. Julianne Moore is circling the role of the mother opposite Chloe Moretz.
Raimi is currently producing a remake of his Evil Dead. Fede Alvarez is directing the pic, which TriStar will release April 12, 2013.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Tribeca Film Festival