- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sam Richardson will join Melissa McCarthy in New Line’s Superintelligence.
The action comedy follows a former corporate executive (McCarthy) whose earnest yet unfulfilled life is turned upside-down when she is selected for observation by the world’s first superintelligence — an artificial intelligence that may or may not take over the world.
Richardson will play NSA agent Donahue. James Corden, Bobby Cannavale and Brian Tyree Henry will also star.
Ben Falcone is directing from a script by Steve Mallory. McCarthy and Falcone will produce via their On the Day banner.
Superintelligence will open Christmas Day 2019.
Richardson, who also appeared with McCarthy in Spy, is best known for his work on Veep and Comedy Central series Detroiters, which he co-created. His feature credits include The House and Office Christmas Party. He is repped by UTA, Artists First and Jackoway Austen.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day