- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sam Worthington and Robin Wright have joined the high-wattage cast of Everest, the true-life adventure movie being made by Universal, Working Title and Cross Creek.
Jason Clarke, Josh Brolin, John Hawkes and Jake Gyllenhaal are already on board the project, which follows two different expeditions trying to reach the summit who both get walloped by storms.
Wright will play the wife of Brolin’s character, a doctor who braves the elements over an arduous night. Worthington will play Guy Cotter, a scaling expert from New Zealand.
STORY: ‘Everest’ Release Date Pushed Back Seven Months
Universal is releasing the movie Sept. 18, 2015.
Baltasar Kormákur (2 Guns, Contraband) is directing. Working Title Films’ Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner, Cross Creek Pictures’ Brian Oliver and Tyler Thompson and Nicky Kentish Barnes are producing.
The film is currently shooting on location in Nepal and will also shoot in the Italian Dolomites and at Cinecitta Studios in Rome and Pinewood Studios in the U.K.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day