- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Worthington will star in an untitled action thriller from The Machinist director Brad Anderson. The Netflix movie will follow a father (Worthington) that must find his courage and hold onto his sanity when his wife and daughter disappear in the middle of an ER visit.
Alan B. McElroy, who is known for his work in the horror genre on movies like Spawn and Wrong Turn, penned the screenplay.
Paul Schiff, Neal Edelstein and Mike Macari are set to produce the feature that will begin filming later this year. Netflix is eyeing a 2019 release.
Worthington, along with co-stars Zoe Saldana and Sigourney Weaver, are set to return to the Avatar franchise for four films, scheduled for release through 2025. He is repped by CAA, Australia’s Shanahan, Anonymous Content and Hansen Jacobson.
Brad Anderson, who last directed the Jon Hamm-starrer Beirut, is repped by UTA, LBI and Sloss Eckhouse.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Super Mario Bros.
Samuel L. Jackson