- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Samuel Goldwyn Films has acquired worldwide rights to the steampunk documentary Vintage Tomorrows.
The doc follows the trajectory of the steampunk cultural movement that melds together science fiction or fantasy with a design aesthetic inspired by 19th century industrial steam-powered machinery.
“We live in a world of mass-produced product yet everyone is looking for individuality,” Samuel Goldwyn Films’ Peter Goldwyn said Tuesday in a statement. “Vintage Tomorrows showcases uniqueness of character and creativity in a fascinating world that brings the past as well as the future together in a refreshing and entertaining format.”
Byrd McDonald directed Vintage Tomorrows, which includes interviews with such steampunk pioneers as writer William Gibson, graphic novelist Paul Guignon and musician Abney Park, among others. McDonald, Alan Winston and Sean Hutchinson produced the doc.
Samuel Goldwyn is planning to release the movie on VOD and digital on July 19.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day