- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Avengers: Age of Ultron may be an onscreen reunion for Marvel Studio’s many characters, but that doesn’t mean you should expect too much from SHIELD agent Nick Fury during proceedings. Samuel L. Jackson is already saying that his appearance is pretty much a glorified cameo.
“I’m not doing so much, I don’t think,” he told Yahoo UK during an appearance to promote Captain America: The Winter Soldier. “It’s another one of those ‘people who have powers fighting people who have powers’ [movies],” he explained. “There’s not a lot I could do except shoot a gun.”
Earlier this year, Jackson told Fandango that he was “running out of Marvel pictures” in his current nine-movie contract, with Age of Ultron being his seventh movie appearance as Nick Fury. (He has also made a cameo appearance as the character in ABC’s Agents of SHIELD series.)
“I just know that the Marvel Universe is there, that there are things going on, and that I have three pictures left on my nine-picture deal,” Jackson said at the time. “That’s all I know.” Post-Age of Ultron, that number will be two, so can we get that Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD movie we’ve wanted for years before it’s too late, please?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day