- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Samuel L. Jackson is joining the cast of Robocop, MGM and Sony’s remake of the classic 1987 sci-fi action movie.
Jose Padilha is directing the film, which sees Joel Kinnaman (The Killing) as the title hero, a cop named Alex Murphy who is brought back from the brink of death and turned into a cyborg police officer. Gary Oldman has already been cast as his scientist-creator.
Jackson will play Pat Novak, a charismatic media mogul and a powerful force in the Robocop world.
Strike Entertainment’s Marc Abraham and Eric Newman are producing the movie, which is eyeing a September shoot in Toronto and has a tentative release date of summer 2013.
Jackson, who is onscreen as Nick Fury in The Avengers, is shooting Quentin Tarantino’s revenge drama Django Unchained. The actor is repped by ICM, Anonymous Content and Jackoway Tyerman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Woman King