- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Silverman will play Emilia, the girlfriend to Andrew, played by Underwood, who falls into paranoia after his wife goes missing. Andrew tries to escape a self-destructive cycle via Emilia, a victims advocate and self-help blogger who is dealing with her own demons from the past.
Written by Joe McClean, Viral is directed and produced by Underwood. The indie is set to shoot in New York this summer after being delayed from a 2020 shoot by the novel coronavirus pandemic.
Silverman recently wrapped production on the feature Marry Me and her other film credits include Battle of the Sexes, The Book of Henry and Ashby.
“A true artist thrives in all genres. Most people know of Sarah Silverman‘s brilliant comedic performances, but she’s a devastatingly raw and authentic dramatic actress as well,” Underwood said in a statement.
Viral is also produced by McClean, Daniel Cypress, John Kalafatis, Joanna Kalafatis and Andreas Ignatiou of York Films.
Silverman is repped by UTA and Thruline.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day