- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The pair have been tapped to adapt Disney’s live-action family film The Stuff of Legend.
The project, which is based on a graphic novel written by Mike Raicht and Brian Smith and illustrated by Charles Paul Wilson III, revolves around a band of toys that journeys into a dark realm to rescue their owner from the infamous Boogeyman.
Peter Candeland is attached to direct the film, which is being produced by David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman through their Disney-based Mandeville Films.
Last year, Disney made a pre-emptive pitch deal for Stuff of Legend, with Shawn Christensen writing. But Christensen, who since has won an Oscar for best short film for Curfew, became unavailable because a feature based on the short got greenlighted. He no longer is involved with Stuff of Legend.
Melton and Dunstan are best known as purveyors of scary and genre fare. In addition to penning the fourth through seventh installments of Saw, they wrote Piranha 3D as well as an adaptation of The Outer Limits, which is in development at MGM. The pair, whose credits also include Outliers at Fox and Rise at Warner Bros., also did an uncredited rewrite on Pacific Rim.
Melton and Dunstan are repped by WME, Underground’s Trevor Engelson and attorney Dave Feldman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day