- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Scarlett Johannson is joining the cast of Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho, a behind-the-scenes drama being directed by Sacha Gervasi (Anvil! The Story of Anvil), sources confirm to THR. She will play Janet Leigh, the actress whose chilling shower scene became one of the most iconic in film history.
As THR reported in December, the project recently shifted to Fox Searchlight after four years in development at Paramount.
The project is based on the non-fiction book by Stephen Rebello that tracks how Hitchcock, at the height of his game as a director, decided to make a “lowly” horror movie. No studio wanted to touch it initially, so Hitchcock scrounged for financing by himself. The movie, of course, became one of his biggest hits and one of the most influential of all time.
At the center of the script by John McLaughlin (Black Swan) and Rebello is the relationship between Hitchcock and his wife. Johansson’s role is smaller.
Email: Borys.Kit@thr.com, Matthew.Belloni@thr.com
Twitter: @Borys_Kit, @THRMattBelloni
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day