- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Scott Eastwood could be the next young actor headed for The Drift.
The Suicide Squad star is in early talks to join Pacific Rim 2, the sequel to Guillermo del Toro’s 2013 sci-fi action pic about larger robots battling even larger sea monsters. Star Wars star John Boyega is starring in the project, where he will play the son of the character played by Idris Elba in the first movie.
Steven S. DeKnight, the showrunner behind Spartacus and season one of Daredevil, will take over the directing reins from del Toro.?? Legendary Entertainment’s Thomas Tull and Mary Parent are producing with del Toro. Boyega is executive producing with his partner Femi Oguns.
Legendary and Universal on Thursday dated the long-delayed project for Feb. 23, 2018.
This prospective Pacific Rim role comes a few months after it was announced that Eastwood would be joining another big-budget franchise film, F. Gary Gray’s Fast 8. Next up, audiences can see the actor in director David Ayer and Warner Bros.’ anti-hero superhero movie Suicide Squad, which hits theaters Aug. 5.
Eastwood is repped by UTA and Stone Genow.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day