- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The distribution partners plan a theatrical release in select domestic markets on Jan. 8, 2016, followed a day later by a premium VOD rollout. Diablo debuted in October at the 2015 San Diego Film Festival, where it won the jury award for best feature film.
Entertainment One in September said it was rebooting its Momentum Pictures banner as a digital and multiplatform label after signing a multipicture deal with Orion Releasing. The agreement will see the two companies jointly acquire and distribute specialized multiplatform releases for the U.S. and select international territories.
Diablo is directed by Lawrence Roeck from a screenplay he wrote with Carlos De Los Rios. Danny Glover, Camilla Belle, Adam Beach and Joaquim de Almeida also co-star in Diablo, which follows Jackson, a young Civil War veteran who wakes up to find his beautiful wife kidnapped by ruthless bandits.
With killers around every corner, the lines begin to blur between who the good and the bad are, including Jackson. As a final gunfight looms for our hero, he is asked to risk it all to save the woman he loves.
Diablo is produced by Roeck, Rios and Shana D. Wilson, who also served as the executive producer. The film was acquired by Jessica Labi from Momentum Pictures.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day