- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Désirée Finnegan has been appointed chief executive of Screen Ireland, taking over from James Hickey.
Finnegan was most recently Warner Bros.’ senior vp theatrical marketing and publicity EMEA, having spent 15 years at the studio and working on campaigns including Dunkirk, The Lego Movie, the Harry Potter franchise and The Dark Knight trilogy.
“Désirée brings a wealth and depth of experience to the role of chief executive at Screen Ireland,” said Screen Ireland chair Dr. Annie Doona. “She is an experienced leader who brings huge energy to her work and has a strong commitment to the screen industries. Her wide knowledge of the international film industry will benefit the Irish industry, and we are delighted to welcome her back to Ireland to lead the agency into the next phase of growth.”
Added Finnegan: “My passion for supporting great storytellers and those with creative vision has played an important role throughout my career, and I am sincerely looking forward to working with the incredible wealth of Irish creative talent, both in front of and behind the camera.”
Finnegan is expected to take up the role in August 2019, with Hickey remaining in position until that time.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Sir Anthony Hopkins