- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Oscar-winning producer Mark Johnson, whose credits range from Rain Man to Breaking Bad, Briarcliff Entertainment CEO Tom Ortenberg and The Pursuit of Happyness writer-director Steve Conrad have been called to the bench as judges for the Script2Screens short screenplay competition for emerging writers.
Also joining the A-list judging panel is Rush Hour series producer Arthur M. Sarkissian, Paranormal Activity producer Steven Schneider and Jackie Tepper, producing partner of the Dances With Films Independent Film Festival in Los Angeles.
The judging panel will select one winning script to earn its writer $50,000 in cash and value to produce, shoot and edit a short film.
Script2Screens is the brainchild of writer-director Kellie Madison, whose martial arts action short, The Gate, earned 2 million views on Youtube and is being adapted as a feature. Madison also wrote, produced and directed the thriller The Tank, which was distributed by Open Road Films.
Final Draft and the Society of Camera Operators are sponsoring Script2Screens.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Tonight Show