- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON — Pierre Morel‘s The Gunman will shoot onto screens first in France before rolling out across theaters in the U.S. and the U.K.
The film stars Sean Penn as a former special forces soldier and military contractor suffering from post-traumatic stress who tries to get back with his long-time love but first has to clear his name in a race across Europe.
The film also stars Javier Bardem, Idris Elba, Ray Winstone, Mark Rylance and Jasmine Trinca.
Open Road, which acquired the action thriller for the U.S., has set its North American release date for Feb. 20, 2015.
French giant Studiocanal, which has the movie in multiple territories and sold the title during the Marche du Film, will debut it first on Feb. 18 in France, then Australia and New Zealand on Feb. 19.
It will time its U.K. rollout with the U.S. Feb. 20 date before opening in Germany a week later, on Feb. 26.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day