- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Johnson shared a still of the actors on the set of the Fast and Furious spinoff, in which they reprise their roles as law enforcement Diplomatic Security Service agent Luke Hobbs (Johnson) and assassin Deckard Shaw (Statham).
“We either gonna get along or we gonna get it on,” Johnson captioned the photo of the two characters, one-time enemies who have developed a grudging respect for one another. Longtime Furious writer Chris Morgan penned the script, and Deadpool 2 director David Leitch is behind the camera.
Idris Elba is playing the villain, while The Crown star Vanessa Kirby, who also appeared in Mission: Impossible — Fallout, is also starring in Hobbs and Shaw.
Neal H. Moritz is producing via his Original Films, alongside Johnson and his Seven Bucks Productions partners, Dany Garcia and Hiram Garcia. Statham and Morgan will also produce with Kelly McCormick, Steve Chasman, Amanda Lewis, Ainsley Davies and Ethan Smith exec producing.
The Universal film opens Aug. 2, 2019.
Oct. 3, 8:22 p.m. An earlier version listed the incorrect release date.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day