- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A new video reveals the extensive visual effects used to create the world of The Great Gatsby.
VFX supervisor Chris Godfrey recently uploaded before-and-after scenes from the film, showing how blue and greenscreens were transformed into the movie’s detailed settings.
During the nearly four-minute clip, soundtracked by Lana Del Rey‘s “Young and Beautiful,” which was used in the film, raw footage of Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire, Carey Mulligan and the rest of the cast walking, talking and pretending to drive by green and bluescreens is interspersed with scenes from the movie.
It’s revealed that DiCaprio and Maguire were filmed in Gatsby’s yellow car surrounded by bluescreens for one of their trips into New York City in the film.
Another shot shows DiCaprio and Maguire walking down a pier, completely surrounded by bluescreens. In the film, you can see the water and Gatsby’s estate behind them.
The Buchanans’ lavish property also was largely created using visual effects.
To see the rest of the movie magic unfold, check out the video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day