- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After just conquering the world of tennis (again) by winning her fifth Wimbledon title, Serena Williams is hoping to conquer the world of animation.
Williams is partnering with Exodus Film Group, the makers of the 2008 animated feature Igor, on the tennis-themed animated project WimbleToad.
Williams will executive produce WimbleToad and also voice a role.
She and Exodus Film Group principles John Eraklis, Joe Martin Jr. and Max Howard have created Amphibian Productions for the venture.
Steve Bevilacqua is writing the screenplay based on Eraklis’ original idea, which concerns an orphaned toad named Henry Stokes who, with his best friend and fellow orphan Lily (Serena), must play for his freedom from a nefarious businessman who is scheming to take over the WimbleToad tournament and destroy their orphanage in the process.
The dive into animation is the latest foil for the multi-faceted celebrity, who in addition to being a top athlete who will be competing in the London Olympics this summer also has made it a priority to diversify. She has inroads into fashion with an accessories and clothing line on HSN, a skin product line with Mission Skincare and charity involvement with a school in Africa.
Williams and Exodus Film Group are repped by WME.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day