- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sesame Street‘s latest movie spoof is served a lesson from When Harry Met Sally…
“When Cookie Met Sally” first re-creates the meet-cute road trip from the Rob Reiner film penned by Nora Ephron, introducing the free-spirited Cookie and the controlling Sally (complete with hairdos a la Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan).
And once they’re in the New York City deli — where the 1989 film’s iconic fake-orgasm scene took place — Sally chastises Cookie when he tries to cut in line. She then teaches him about being patient in public places and tells him that an effective strategy for passing the time while waiting in line is playing games.
“Play pretend really great strategy,” says Cookie, also referencing the original scene. After the main course, the two chomp loudly on cookies for dessert, which cues a neighboring diner to tell a server, “I’ll have what they’re having.”
Watch the video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
People's Choice Awards