- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The writer-actor and his writing partner have been tapped for rewrite duties on 20th Century Fox’s Neighborhood Watch.
Shawn Levy and his 21 Laps banner are producing
The story, initially conceived by studio exec John Fox, concerns a suburban “neighborhood watch” group, actually a front for dads to get some male bonding time away from the family. Things go awry when the group accidentally uncovers a plot bent on destroying the world.
Jared Stern wrote the initial screenplay, which has previously seen Levy and David Dobkin attached as directors. At one point the project was considered as a potential Will Ferrell vehicle. Pete Segal was most recently attached to direct the comedy, which is currently helmless.
The hiring of the high-profile scribes puts Neighborhood back in the spotlight at Fox.
Rogen and Goldberg, both repped by UTA, have made suburban comedies and action comedies their stock and trade. The duo count Superbad, Pineapple Express and the upcoming Green Hornet amongst their writing credits. Combining the two is natural evolution.
Rogen is additionally repped by Principal Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day