- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Indiecan Entertainment has picked up the Canadian rights to writer/director Jeremy Lalonde’s Sex After Kids as the ensemble comedy debuts at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival.
The edgy comedy about the sexual adventures of five couples in parenthood stars Zoie Palmer, Kristin Booth (The Kennedys), Gordon Pinsent, Ennis Esmer and Kate Hewlett.
“At it heart , it’s a comedy. Hopefully, if you’re a parent with kids now or in the past, you can empathize. Others will look and say, that’s why they won’t have kids,” Lalonde said of his second feature.
Indiecan plans an early 2014 release after the Canadian indie does a tour of the international festival circuit, including a possible Toronto International Film Festival slot.
The film was produced by Lalonde and Jennifer Liao, and executive produced by Ryan Goldhar.
Sex After Kids has its world bow in Santa Barbara on Saturday, Jan. 26.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day