- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
With a buzzworthy cast including Brie Larson, Shailene Woodley and Miles Teller — named by The Hollywood Reporter as one of five faces to watch at this year’s Sundance Film Festival — James Ponsoldt‘s Smashed follow-up premiered Friday, Jan. 18, to a packed Library Theater.
But first, the group stopped by THR‘s video lounge to discuss the teen dramedy, which may appeal to a wider audience than its synopsis indicates.
“The Spectacular Now is a love story between complicated teenagers,” said Ponsoldt. “Think of it as a teen film for adults. These are really honest characters, and it’s a really romantic film.”
Woodley, who last year won an Independent Spirit Award for her role in The Descendants, said that the selling point for her — and her co-stars — was having the opportunity to work with Ponsoldt.
“It’s a great script, but the reason we said yes was because of you,” she gushed.
For more about the movie, watch the video above.
Email: Sophie.Schillaci@THR.com; Twitter: @SophieSchillaci
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
London Film Festival