- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Shakira has joined Jason Bateman and Ginnifer Goodwin in the voice cast of Walt Disney Animation’s Zootopia, the studio announced Friday at its D23 Expo.
The project is being directed by Byron Howard (Tangled) and Rich Moore (Wreck-It Ralph) and co-directed by Jared Bush. It has a March 4, 2016, release date.
The script, by Bush, is set in a modern mammal metropolis comprised of neighborhoods such as ritzy Sahara Square and frigid Tundratown.
Goodwin is voicing a bunny named Judy Hopps, a by-the-book meter maid with dreams of being a police officer. But being the first bunny on the force is not within reach, so when a mystery is discovered, Hopps forges an unlikely friendship with a fast-talking scam-artist fox (Bateman) to solve it.
Shakira will voice Gazelle, the biggest pop star in Zootopia. She will also perform an all-new original song for the movie titled “Try Everything.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day