- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Shannon Woodward, one of the stars of Fox’s Raising Hope, has joined the cast of Universal and Gold Circle’s Search Party.
TJ Miller, Adam Pally and Thomas Middleditch are starring in the comedy, which serves as the directorial debut of Scot Armstrong.
Search Party centers on two roommates (Miller, Pally) who go to great and dangerous lengths to save their friend Nardo (Middleditch), who is naked and stranded in Mexico. Woodward will play Nardo’s on-and-off girlfriend who also ends up in Mexico.
Mike Gagerman and Andrew Waller wrote the script, which was on the 2010 Blacklist. Armstrong did a rewrite.
The movie begins shooting this week in Baton Rouge, La.
Paul Brooks is producing for Gold Circle, with COO Scott Niemeyer executive producing.
Also producing is Neal H. Moritz, as well as Armstrong and Ravi Nandan for American Work Inc.
Woodward appears in Adult World, which just premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival. Among her other credits: Gotham Award-winning film Girlfriend and Fox TV’s The Riches.
She is repped by UTA and Untitled Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day