- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Trains, explosions, a couple slow-motion bullets whizzing through a snow-covered forest — this is what viewers can expect from the upcoming Warner Bros. film Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows.
This installment will see the detectives up against James Moriarty (Jared Harris), called “the most formidably criminal mind in Europe.” A new female face will also join the cast — Noomi Rapace, who played Lisbeth Salander in the Swedish version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo films. She’ll play a mysterious gypsy woman.
The second trailer for the film focuses much more on the action rather than the signature banter between Downey and Law. Only one scene right at the end really showcases their back-and-forth wit. Most of the trailer involves brawls, explosions and chase scenes.
This trailer actually doesn’t show much more than was featured in the first trailer released in July. In both, viewers get a good look at Downey in drag, as it appears to be one of Holmes’ disguises used during the “most important case” of his career.
Guy Ritchie’s sequel to his 2009 film, Sherlock Holmes, is set to open in theaters on Dec. 16.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Sterling K. Brown