- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The marketing campaign for Nymphomaniac, the horny art house drama from Danish director Lars Von Trier, is heavy on the foreplay. Following the release of a provocative image yesterday of stars Stacy Martin and Shia LaBeouf in flagrante delicto, comes a disturbing second teaser clip.
This one, titled, “Chapter 2: Jerôme,” introduces us to LaBeouf’s character, a condescending office manager with a London accent who takes a pretty young woman on a tour of his workplace. The shaky handheld camera work, the drab cubicles, the clueless, sexist boss — all of it conveys a strange feeling of deja vu, as if we’re watching Von Trier take his best stab at revisiting Ricky Gervais‘ David Brent character from the original run of The Office.
Of course, Brent never stooped to pressing the emergency button on a moving elevator in order to corner and coerce someone into having sex with him.
Nymphomaniac hits theaters worldwide on December 25.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day