- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Shout! Factory has reached a deal with Luc Besson‘s EuropaCorp to distribute Jack and the Cuckoo-Clock Heart, a CG-animated family adventure, in the U.S. and Canada.
Shout! plans a 2014 rollout of the film in select theaters as well as through video-on-demand, electronic sell-through, broadcast and in packaged media.
Jack and the Cuckoo-Clock Heart screened at the recent Berlin International Film Festival in the Generation Kplus section and is now playing in French theaters.
Shout! earlier distributed EuropaCorp title A Monster in Paris (2011), a 3D animated musical adventure film written and directed by Bibo Bergeron.
“This beautifully made, highly entertaining feature is a perfect addition to our growing library of exciting new films,” Shout! founders Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos said in a statement.
Jack and the Cuckoo-Clock Heart was co-directed by Mathias Malzieu of the French rock band Dionysos and Stephane Berla and adapted by Malzieu from his novel. The voice talent of French- and English-speaking actors includes Samantha Barks (Les Miserables).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day