- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The first international Martin McDonagh Festival will run Oct. 7-14, featuring 14 performances by theaters from the U.K., Russia, Germany, Austria, the Czech Republic, Poland and other countries.
McDonagh, known for the Oscar-winning short Six Shooter and features In Bruges and Seven Psychopaths, is to visit the event as an honorary guest.
“We are proud to have discovered this author for Russia when we staged McDonagh’s The Lonesome West,” Sergei Fedotov, head of the local theater U Mosta and the festival’s president, was quoted as saying by the Russian news agency RIA Novosti.
“There have been more than 120 stagings of plays by the Irish playwright in Russia by now,” he went on to say. “But we are the only theater in the world that has staged all of his seven plays.”
The festival also will feature seminars, master classes and lectures by well-known directors and a presentation of the Russian translation of The Theatre and Films of Martin McDonagh by Patrick Lonergan.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day