- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Presented in collaboration with the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, this session is part of the Marc Davis Lecture series, a forum to explore the challenges of creating animation for feature films.
Speakers include Oscar nominees Chris Sanders, who co-directed DreamWorks Animation’s How to Train Your Dragon; Henry Selick, director of Laika’s Coraline; and David Silverman, who received a nomination earlier this year for the animated short Maggie Simpson in “The Longest Daycare.”
Also scheduled to speak are director and animator Eric Goldberg, who was the supervising animator on the Genie in Disney’s Aladdin; Kevin Lima, whose most recent directing credits include Disney’s Enchanted; Mike Mitchell, whose directing credits include DreamWorks Animation’s Shrek Forever After; and Kirk Wise, who co-directed Disney’s Beauty and the Beast.
AMPAS’ managing director of programming, education and preservation Randy Haberkamp will moderate the discussion.
Siggraph will be held July 21-25 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day