- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Silicon Valley star Thomas Middleditch is joining Warner Bros.’ Godzilla: King of Monsters.
Plot details are being kept under wraps, but Godzilla‘s nuclear family will be played by Vera Farmiga, Stranger Things breakout Millie Bobbie Brown and Kyle Chandler, who will star as a scientist.
O’Shea Jackson Jr. is also set for the Legendary project from Krampus director Michael Dougherty.
Warners has dated the monster movie sequel — a follow-up to Gareth Edwards’ 2014 reboot, which earned $529.1 million worldwide — for March 22, 2019. The studio’s blockbuster crossover, Godzilla vs. Kong, is set for a May 29, 2020 release. (On Tuesday, The Hollywood Reporter broke the news that Adam Wingard will direct the mashup.)
This is the biggest role to date for Middleditch, who is best known for playing the hoodie-obsessed tech inventor Richard Hendricks on the popular HBO series. His feature credits have largely been small-budgeted Sundance fare, including Joshy, The Bronze and Kong director Jordan Vogt-Roberts’ The Kings of Summer.
Middleditch, who can be heard in theaters now as a voice in the Captain Underpants movie, is repped by WME and Schreck Rose.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day