- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Silicon Valley star T.J. Miller, last seen on the big screen in Deadpool, has joined the cast of Ready Player One, Steven Spielberg’s adaptation of the sci-fi novel by Ernest Cline.
Warner Bros. and Village Roadshow are behind the movie that is heading toward a late June start with a cast that includes Tye Sheridan, Olivia Cooke, Simon Pegg, Ben Mendelsohn and Mark Rylance.
The story is set in a virtual world called Oasis, in which a teenager (Sheridan) finds himself competing in a treasure hunt against ruthless foes after the reclusive and enigmatic founder (Rylance) of the game dies and offers his fortune as the grand prize.
Miller will play a bounty hunter with an amusing personality.
Ready Player One is being produced by Spielberg via his Amblin Partners banner, along with Donald De Line, Kristie Macosko Krieger and Dan Farah.
Miller is repped by CAA, 3 Arts Entertainment and Jackoway Tyerman.
Updated June 7, 5:15 PM: to correct that Miller is not playing i-R0k, an annoying troller in the online forums of the game, but a bounty hunter.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day