- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Star Trek 3 has found a new set of writers.
Doug Jung, the co-creator of television cop drama Dark Blue, and Simon Pegg, the geek-friendly actor who already plays Scotty in the Star Trek franchise, are co-writing the new installment of Paramount and Skydance’s sci-fi adventure franchise.
A search was necessitated when Roberto Orci, who was writing and slated to direct the sequel, departed the project. Justin Lin is now on board to direct.
Paramount and Skydance are still hoping to make their July, 2016 release date.
Pegg is not just a pretty geeky face. He has co-written with Edgar Wright the filmmaker’s Cornetto trilogy – Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and World’s End – as well as comedies Paul and Run Fatboy Run. Pegg is repped by UTA,
In addition to Dark Blue, Jung has written for TV shows Banshee and Big Love. He is repped by UTA, Circle of Confusion and Hansen Jacobson.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Melvin Van Peebles