- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Simon Pegg is in negotiations to join the cast of Steven Spielberg’s sci-fi film Ready Player One.
Warner Bros. and Village Roadshow are behind the movie, which adapts the best-selling sci-fi novel by Ernest Cline and is in the midst of casting as it heads towards a June start.
Tye Sheridan leads a cast that includes Olivia Cooke and Ben Mendelsohn in the story set in a virtual world called Oasis, in which a teenager (Sheridan) finds himself competing in a treasure hunt against ruthless foes after the game’s founder dies and offers his fortune as the grand prize.
Pegg will play Orgen Morrow, the co-creator of Oasis.
Ready Player One is being produced by Spielberg via his Amblin Partners banner, along with Donald De Line, Kristie Macosko Krieger and Dan Farah.
Pegg last co-starred in Mission: Impossible — Rogue Nation and next reprises his role of Starfleet engineer Scotty in Star Trek Beyond, which he also co-wrote. Star Trek opens July 22.
Pegg is repped by UTA, Hansen Jacobson and the U.K.’s Dawn Sedgwick Management.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Warner Bros. Discovery