- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
John Carney’s critically acclaimed Sing Street will open in select theaters on April 15, The Weinstein Co. announced Tuesday.
TWC has also dated Hands of Stone, starring Edgar Ramirez and Robert De Niro. The boxing drama will open nationwide on Aug. 26.
Sing Street, which made its world premiere at the Sundance Film Festival in January, currently sports a rare 100 percent fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Carney (Once, Begin Again) once again turns to music — this time, the Irish writer-director tells the story of a 14-year-old boy growing up in Dublin in the 1980s who tries to escape his troubled family by convincing a beautiful girl to star in a music video for his would-be band. The musical dramedy stars Ferdia Walsh-Peelo, Lucy Boynton, Jack Reynor, Aidan Gillen and Mark McKenna.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Sterling K. Brown