- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sylvain White will direct Slender Man, the Screen Gems feature based on the popular horror meme.
Slender Man is depicted as a lanky, faceless figure in a black suit and originated as an internet meme. It grew to fame following the reports that violent acts were being committed in his name, including a much publicized story of two 12-year-old girls in Wisconsin who lured a friend into the woods and nearly stabbed her to death.
HBO has an upcoming doc based on the internet-age bogeyman, Beware the Slenderman.
Bradley Fischer, James Vanderbilt and William Sherak will produce the feature under their Mythology Entertainment banner, which originally held the rights to Slender Man across all platforms, including motion picture.
Robyn Meisinger of Madhouse Entertainment and Sarah Snow of It Is No Dream Entertainment will produce. Mythology’s Tracey Nyberg will exec produce, along with It Is No Dream’s Louis Sallerson and Madhouse’s Adam Kolbrenner and Ryan Cunningham.
White is best known for directing the Ne-Yo-starrer Stomp the Yard (also a Screen Gems production). His recent work has been in TV, directing episodes of Hawaii Five-0, Sleepy Hollow and Empire. He is repped by UTA and Principato Young.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day