- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Smith Global Media, the new distribution company started by Will Smith’s brother, Harry Smith, has acquired animated features Gnome Alone and Charming.
Charming, which will open in the second quarter of 2018, stars Wilmer Valderrama and Demi Lovato as a cursed self-absorbed prince and a wily maiden that is after his fortune. Lovato produced the music for the film, while recording artist Sia wrote two original songs.
Gnome Alone follows a high schooler, voiced by Becky G, who gets caught up in a battle between her sentient garden gnomes and their evil nemesis, the Troggs. A late 2017 release is planned.
The movies both come from 3QU Media and Shrek producer John H. Williams, along with SC Films International and Cinesite’s Montreal studio.
The acquisition news comes a few days after Smith Global Media closed a multiyear distribution agreement with Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day