- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The first trailer for Bollywood star Salman Khan‘s debut international co-production Dr. Cabbie has launched on YouTube. Directed by Jean-Francois Pouliot (La Grand Seduction), the film’s ensemble cast includes upcoming actor Vinay Virmani (Breakaway), Adrianne Palicki (G.I. Joe: Retaliation), Big Bang Theory‘s Kunal Nayyar, veteran Indian actress Lilette Dubey and Isabelle Kaif, the sister of top Bollywood actress Katrina Kaif.
Virmani plays a newly arrived immigrant doctor in Canada who can’t get a job and is forced to become a taxi driver. He becomes a local hero when he converts his taxi into a mobile medical clinic.
The cast also includes Mircea Monroe (Change Up), Rizwan Manji (Outsourced) and Chris Diamantopoulos (The Three Stooges).
The film is presented by Salman Khan’s Being Human Productions (SKBH) in association with FirstTake Entertainment and Caramel Films. Dr. Cabbie has been co-funded by Telefilm Canada, Quebec’s Société de Développement des Entreprises Culturelles (SODEC) and the Harold Greenberg Fund.
The film will be distributed in Canada by Entertainment One, while leading Indian distribution and production entity Eros International will handle the Indian subcontinent.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day