- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The sequel to Snow White and the Huntsman is getting a new title.
Previously titled The Huntsman, the upcoming fantasy adventure sequel film has been renamed The Huntsman Winter’s War.
Charlize Theron and Chris Hemsworth return for the second installment of the fairytale franchise, and are joined by newcomers Jessica Chastain and Emily Blunt. Cedric Nicolas-Troyan also returns to direct, with Joe Roth (Maleficent) set to produce.
The film will take place following the events of 2012’s Snow White and the Huntsman. When Freya (Blunt), the sister of Queen Ravenna (Theron), finds out she can resurrect her fallen sister, the ice queen gathers her army of huntsman to recapture the Magic Mirror. Eric (Hemsworth), who was originally trained by Freya in her huntsman army, must join forces with his fellow banished huntsman (Chastain) to fight the growing threat to their land.
New posters for the film see the characters ready for battle.
The Huntsman Winter’s War is out in theaters on April 22, 2016.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day