- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Armie Hammer, who portrayed the Winklevoss twins in the Oscar-winning The Social Network, is in talks to play the title character of Disney’s The Lone Ranger.
No dealmaking has begun, but Hammer has met with director Gore Verbinski for the role. If all goes well, Hammer would star opposite Johnny Depp, who is playing the Lone Ranger’s partner, Tonto.
Jerry Bruckheimer is producing the movie, which has been looking for a star to play the Western hero. Ryan Gosling is one of the actors who had circled the project in recent weeks.
Hammer, repped by WME, has had quite the ride since Social Network’s awards circuit. He booked a role in J. Edgar, Clint Eastwood‘s biopic of notorious FBI head J. Edgar Hoover, and recently nabbed the role of the prince in Relativity’s take on the Snow White fairy tale, The Brothers Grimm: Snow White. Lone Ranger would be his biggest role yet.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day