- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In lieu of the cartoonish dimensions seen on the character in the games, the film’s version was a more “realistic” take on the speedy hedgehog. Across social media, fans criticized Sonic’s new look and it seems that the film’s director, Jeff Fowler, has taken notice of his audience.
“Thank you for the support. And the criticism,” an account believed to be Fowler’s tweeted on Thursday. “The message is loud and clear … you aren’t happy with the design & you want changes. It’s going to happen. Everyone at Paramount & Sega are fully committed to making this character the BEST he can be… #sonicmovie #gottafixfast”
Given that Sonic is the central character in the film (Ben Schwartz voices the sprightly rodent while James Marsden and Jim Carrey also star in live-action roles), updating the visual designs for a feature slated to release on Nov. 8 would be a Herculean task.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day