- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sony has come aboard to co-finance and handle worldwide distribution of Life, Skydance’s sci-fi film set to star Jake Gyllenhaal and Ryan Reynolds, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
David Ellison’s Skydance is behind the project, developing it from the script stage with writers Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese (Deadpool). Skydance is also co-financing Life.
Daniel Espinosa is directing the feature, which also has Rebecca Ferguson as part of the ensemble cast.
The movie centers on the crew of a space station that discovers a lifeform on Mars. The entity proves to be not only intelligent but also dangerous.
The studio, needing to fill in its movie pipeline, sees Life as an event picture with global appeal.
Skydance’s Ellison and Dana Goldberg are producing with Bonnie Curtis and Julie Lynn.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Warner Bros. Discovery