- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sony has won a bidding war to pick up Infinitum, a spec script from Marc Guggenheim, the co-creator of the Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow television shows.
Michael De Luca, the producer whose credits range from Oscar-nominated work such as The Social Network and Captain Phillips to the Fifty Shades movies, will produce the film.
The logline is being kept under wraps, but one source described it as being a sci-fi love story. The early Christopher Nolan thriller Memento (2000) is said to be a touchstone.
Another source said Guggenheim initially wrote the script three years ago but recently put a fresh coat of paint on it before it was taken out to studios.
Elishia Holmes of Michael De Luca Productions worked with Guggenheim to develop the script and will oversee the project for the company.
Guggenheim is a writer-executive producer on The CW’s DC Entertainment-based shows. Among his movie credits are Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters and 2011’s Green Arrow. He also has written for Guillermo del Toro’s Netflix animated series Trollhunters.
Guggenheim is repped by WME and Ziffren Brittenham.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day