- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Eric Fineman has been promoted to vp production at Sony Pictures Entertainment, reporting directly to Motion Picture Group president Doug Belgrad.
Fineman’s promotion comes after supervising production on Goosebumps, which took in more than $150 million last fall (he’s spearheading development on the sequel). He also worked on the faith-based film, Miracles from Heaven, and is currently prepping another faith-based title, The Day Donny Herbert Woke Up.
And Fineman is working with executive VP creative production Palak Patel on Sony and Marvel’s reboot Spider-Man: Homecoming.
Previously serving as director of development, Fineman first joined the studio in 2009 as an intern.
Belgrad said in a statement, “He possesses classy, commercial taste, is great with story and has developed a firm, but gentle approach with filmmakers.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day