- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Adrian Smith has been promoted to president of domestic distribution at Sony, where he’s worked for nearly a quarter of a century.
At the same time, Adam Bergerman and John Spinello have been named assistant general sales managers for domestic distribution, reporting to Smith.
The trio of promotions are part of a realignment of the unit. “For nearly 25 years, Adrian has helped to make our domestic team the best in the business. He is one of the most savvy and skilled sales executives in our industry. Adrian is both respected and beloved by our team and our exhibition partners,” Bruer said, to whom Smith will report.
Smith, who joined the studio in 1989 as western district manager for TriStar Pictures, rose through the ranks to the post of executive vice president and general sales manager.
Sony is coming off its most successful year at the domestic box office, with its films taking in $1.8 billion in ticket sales.
Email: Pamela.McClintock@THR.com; Twitter: @PamelaDayM
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day