- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sony’s Vin Diesel-starrer Bloodshot will be the next motion picture release in the immersive ICE cinema format.
The studio has been experimenting with the emerging format, having previously released titles including Jumanji: The Next Level, Bad Boys for Life, Spider-Man: Far From Home and Men in Black: International for ICE installations.
Launched three years ago by France’s CGR Cinemas, the ICE theater concept features non-reflecting LED panels flanking each side of the auditorium to fill the moviegoer’s peripheral vision with custom, ambient images as the feature film is shown on the front screen. The format also also includes immersive sound and laser projection.
There are 36 ICE theater locations in France. The first in the U.S. opened in late 2019 at Regal’s L.A. Live in downtown Los Angeles. Last month, Vox Cinemas in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, debuted the first ICE theater in that region.
Bloodshot is set to open March 13 in the U.S., March 12 in Saudi Arabia and March 25 in France.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day