- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The U.S. Forest Service and the Ad Council are joining Sony Pictures Entertainment to launch a series of PSAs that feature characters and footage from the upcoming animated/live-action feature, The Smurfs 2.
“The Smurfs are classic characters adored by generations and they’re also inhabitants of the forest who know firsthand the many benefits the forest has to offer,” said Peggy Conlon, president and CEO of the Ad Council. “These new PSAs with Sony Pictures are a wonderful extension of our efforts to engage children and families in discovering the joys of nature.”
The endearing video messages were created pro bono by Sony Pictures for the Discover the Forest campaign, which is aimed at encouraging children and their parents to explore the outdoors.
The sequel to the 2011 family comedy will follow the heroic efforts of the Smurfs as they try to save Smurfette (Katy Perry) from the evil wizard Gargamel (Hank Azaria) and his psuedo-Smurf creations, the Naughties.
The Smurfs 2 stars Neil Patrick Harris, Alan Cumming and Mario Lopez, among others, and has a theatrical release date of July 31.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day