- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Postproduction sound company Formosa Group — whose recent projects include Star Trek Beyond, The Conjuring 2, Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice and Game of Thrones season six — is moving its home base in early 2017 from The Lot Studios in West Hollywood to the Hollywood 959 creative office campus in the Hollywood Media District.
“Hollywood 959 affords us the opportunity to centralize a portion of our creative and operational talent within a brand-new entertainment campus,” said Formosa’s CEO Robert C. Rosenthal. “Developer Jerry Snyder recognizes the value of companies such as Formosa and I look forward to establishing ourselves at 959 Seward.”
Formosa Group will lease two floors representing 30,000 square feet which will include sound design, sound and music editorial, mixing and ADR capabilities along with administrative and support staff. Larger than its current headquarters, the new space will support an increase in Formosa’s Dolby Atmos-supported rooms and overall sound editorial capacity, the company told The Hollywood Reporter.
Developed and built by the J.H. Snyder Company, construction on Hollywood 959 was completed in March.
Formosa will continue to operate its additional facilities in West Hollywood, Santa Monica, West Los Angeles and Burbank.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day