- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sound pros Rick Ash and Ron Eng have joined Chicago-headquartered Periscope Post & Audio’s recently launched Hollywood facility.
Ash, a rerecording mixer who won has Emmy Awards for his work on the miniseries Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee, Warm Springs and Live From Bagdad, brings more than 200 credits across independent features, television and documentaries.
Eng, a supervising sound editor, sound designer and rerecording mixer, earned two Emmy Award nominations last year for Twin Peaks. His credits also include the animated feature Coraline and the David Lynch classic Mulholland Drive.
In their first project for Periscope, Ash and Eng are handling sound for an undisclosed Netflix series.
The duo will also oversee sound talent at the Hollywood facility, which is led by general manager and industry vet Ben Benedetti. The sound department features a theatrical mix stage with an Avid S6 digital console, Pro Tools and Dolby Atmos capability, as well as three additional mix stages also featuring Avid S6 consoles, Pro Tools and Dolby Atmos.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Tonight Show